Oxygen is the limiting factor is sports performance
When insufficient oxygen is delivered to muscles, FATIGUE sets in
Hypoxic Training improves oxygen delivery and utilisation at all levels. In a double-blind placebo controlled study presented at the European College of Sports Science in 2004, German researchers presented some remarkable findings. Highly trained athletes demonstrated an astounding 40% anaerobic performance boost (forearm exercise until exhaustion), and a 20% aerobic performance increase (cycling until exhaustion).
- Increased V02 max (max rate of oxygen usage)
- Enhanced power output and speed
- Improved strength and endurance
- Increased exercise-till-exhaustion (ETE) time
- Reduced recovery time after exertion
- Decreased resting heart-rate and blood pressure
- Maintenance of cardiovascular fitness when injured
- Diminished overall fatigue
- New red blood cell production
- New blood capillary growth
- Improved anti-oxidant balance
- Micro-organism efficiency
Programs are designed for the individual, whether an elite athlete, semi professional or weekend warrior.
For elite and semi professional athletes we tailor a package to suit your sport, timetable and coaches requirements so as not to interfere with current training.
For the weekend warrior or the athlete who is looking for personal bests and to improve health and fitness, altitude training and individual coaching is also available.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
Generally a program runs for 6 weeks at a time and is based around achieving a timed 'Performance Enhancement' for a specific event or race.
Programs are also available to improve performance in the lead up to a season or during times of rehabilitation so that fitness is not lost.
These programs are not for a particular period of time and can be based on the individual and his / her requirements at the time.